|Preparation time: 30 minutes to 1 hour|| |
READ REVIEWS (0)
|A Non Veg. Rice Preparation made with Prawn & goes well with Curd Raitha - check it out.|
- Basmati Rice - 1/2 kg
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Cardamom - 3 no's
- Pepper - a few
- Cloves - a few
- Prawns Shelled - 100 grams
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Daised Onion - 2 no's
- Crushed Green Chilly - 10 no's
- Crushed Ginger & Garlic - 1 1/2 tsp
- Coriander & Mint leaves - little
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice - 1/2 lemon
- Chopped Tomatoes - 1 big
- Water - Qty that rqd
- Oil for seasoning - Qty that rqd
- Wash the rice, drain and keep it apart 10 min before the cooking time.
- In a vessel add the prawns,1/2 tsp of red chilly powder, 1/2 tsp of crushed garlic & ginger, salt to taste
- and add 1 glass of water & a pinch of turmeric and cook for 6 min in high flame.
- Now drain it and keep the water apart.
- In a container pour 2 tsp of ghee.
- When it is heated, add crushed garlic, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom.
- Then add sliced onion, crushed shellots and sauté for a while.
- Add the crushed green chilies, sauté again,
- add the coriander powder, garam masala then chopped tomatoes, sauté the mix to a paste,
- now add a 1/4 tsp of turmeric to it.
- Then add the cooked prawns to it and sauté well.
- Now you can either mix this prawn masala to the cooked rice or you can sauté the drained rice to it for a while
- then add the required qty of water, lemon juice, salt and cook in a high flame.
- When boiled, lower the flame, cook for about 10 min until the water gets dried up.
- Now mix it well and garnish it with raisins, cashews, coriander, mint leaves fried, serve it hot.
- Serves 5.(You have to add the drained water of prawns to the required qty of water. Measure the rice in a bowl before washing).